Billy Bishop City Airport is a small regional airport located on Toronto Island in Canada. The second name of the airport is Toronto island airport and previously known as Port George VI Island Airport. South West of Downtown Toronto City, with amazing High Rising towers and the famus CN Tower.
Under CBSA is classified the airport can handle aircraft with up to 90 passengers. The airport is accessible from a pedestrian tunnel or by ferry, operates between Toronto City and Airport every 15 minutes. Support equipment for General aviation as well with maintenance hangar.
Explore Toronto City with helicopter and fly next to colorful CN Tower!
- Division: Toronto Port Authority (TPA)
- Main airlines: Porter and Canadian airlines
- CODE: YTZ
- Elevation: 77m
- Province: Ontario
- Total Passengers : 1,130,625
There is one terminal and several hangars:
- The Main Terminal – The passenger terminal for commercial airline services
- Hangar 4A – Orange
- Hangars 3 & 5 – Owned by Porter Airlines for aircraft maintenance and general airline services like catering and deicing
- Hangars 4 & 6 – Porter FBO – home to Porter FBO and their tenants
- Hangar 1 – Stolport Corporation and Trans Capital FBO operate this hangar at the northeast end of the airport Tenants include:
- Air Canada Express (operated by Jazz Aviation)
- Cameron Air Service
- Eagle Aircraft
- Greater Toronto Airways (Hangar 6)
- Island Air Flight School & Charters (Hangar 4)
- Orange Transport Medicine (Ontario Air Ambulance/MOHLTC)
- Porter Airlines
- Trans Capital Air – air charters and FBO operations